Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Wrap Up

Let's be honest here people.  The only reason I watch the Super Bowl is to see the half time show and the COMMERCIALS.  Sadly last year I only saw the second half of the game in a local PGH bar (I had no cable) which meant the volume was turned down/most of the commercials were missed.  Tonight, however, the volume was turned way, way up and I was ready to throw in my two cents with the rest of the DC crew.  

I will say that the commercials from last night were pretty abysmal.  The classic Budweiser Clydesdale ad was great and the Jeep Whole Again brought a tear to several several eyes at the party.  The clear winner (for me) was Tide Miracle Stain ... HILARIOUS!!!  


Twitter and Facebook were of course all a buzz with comments of Beyonce's performance and the once in a lifetime (hopefully) blackout.  The below is one such example from a dear friend/one I visited in San Francisco last week.  My guess was it was Michelle Williams.


All in all it was a successful evening and Erica was EXTREMELY excited about the outcome.  The only downfall was driving through downtown Baltimore on my way home from DC.  All of the city seemed to be driving around in their cars/ honking or walking stumbling about/high fiving people as they drove by.

And so we wrap up another football season.  Here's to next year and a better year for the NY Giants.  Until then, CONGRATS Baltimore.  

1 comment:

  1. It was crazy a few years ago in Pittsburgh when they won the super bowl. Couches were set on fire in the street, bus stations smashed, a terrible mess Glad you got home safely!
    I have to admit, the Tide one was pretty great :)

    ReplyDelete