Thursday, February 7, 2013

Clinicals Are Up and Running!

This morning, circa 0630-0645, 160 nursing students descended up local hospitals.  Level two is separated into two eight week terms.  For the first eight weeks I will be in my PSYC rotation (working with patients with Schitzophrenia and substance abuse) and then will be in my Adult Health rotation (working with patients with HIV/AIDS).

Sadly for the PSCY rotation, students are required to wear business casual which means the scrubs and clogs will remain in my bureau.  Upside is we get to wear these super fancy lab coats.  (Truth be hold I would much rather wear the scrubs, but we look pretty legit as we wander the halls.)


The first day was the usual orientation, meet the staff, see what goes on on the floor.  That afternoon we got to sit in on teaching rounds.  A friend of mine from high school is currently a third year medical student and recently wrote about her experience during PSYC rounds.  As the nursing students were sitting in the back row, I realized that my experience was pretty close to what we saw between the psychiatrist and the patient.  Day 1 down, 15 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment