Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pinterest Fail

So every now and again I remember that I have pinned about a million things on my Pinterest boards and decide to try something out.  Today I was attempting to make these bomb stained glass sugar cookies for my 13.1 ounce buddy (a newly formed SUS tradition).


Now for the most part I am a wiz in the kitchen, but the whole thing turned out so horribly it could have ended up on the Pinterest Fail blog (basically where good intentioned DIY'ers try to attempt recipes/projects and things go horribly wrong).

Basically the recipe tells you to make some sugar cookie dough and cut out the center.  You then place a jolly rancher (or two) in the center and as the cookie bakes, the jolly rancher melts.  Different sites tell you to leave the cookie alone to cool for a variety of minutes; this allows the candy to harden just enough so you can take it off the cookie sheet before the whole things sticks to the cookie sheet.  After several attempts, a couple spatulas covered in melted jolly rancher and twelve cookies broken into many pieces I decided to scrap the whole thing and make regular sugar cookies.

I was only able to get one cookie to turn out and even then it looks a little rough.  Honestly my first thought was OMG it has the stigmata.  

No comments:

Post a Comment