Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Hipster, A Taco and A Crab Walk Into a Beer Festival

Every year the New Belgium beer company holds a series of Tour de Fat celebrations across the US with all the money raised going to local nonprofits.  By some freak occurrence five SUS '12 members (and tons of other B&B Alumni) were free so we all headed over to Yards Park to join in the cycling, check out the costumes and find out what each other has been up to over the last few months.

My favorite taco, her hipster friend and I (the crab) headed out on the critical mass ride which was a quick loop out to Eastern Market.  Dang pincers got in the way!


We rode up by the Capitol and I could not resist stopping for an UBER touristy picture. 


Once we got back to Tour de Fat we quickly met up with the rest of the SUS '12 crew (and then grabbed some tokens so we could imbibe some New Belgum brews)!!!


Bikes + Beer + SUS '12 = The Perfect Saturday!!


There was also the most amazing Yo-Yo duo.  Now you might think hey, how exciting could it be to watch someone walk the dog and fly a yo-yo around the world, but let me tell you these two were memorizing!!!  The audience of 100+ twenty somethings was clapping, laughing and wooping it up.


See ... look how much everyone is having!!!


Arden played Vanna White and helped me work the life-sized kaleidoscope


And the view from the eyepiece - it does not do it justice.


One of the best life decisions I ever made was to bring along my handy hydration pack.  Nothing like keeping hydrated after an afternoon in the sun!  Seriously I might consider bringing this thing with me more often to summer events.
All in all, over $42,000 was raised for local cycling charities (and I didn't end up looking like a crab)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment